On behalf of the sport medicine team, we are glad you are apart of the Grenadier program. The sport medicine program exists to serve the medical needs of our student-athletes. These services are aimed at providing the best quality care for sport-related injuries and assisting with the overall medical care of the student-athlete during their career at IU Southeast.
Sports Medicine Staff
Head Athletic Trainer
Tiffany Hammond, MS, ATC
Assistant Athletic Trainer
KORT Physical Therapy
Dr. Kris Abeln: Head Team Physician
Floyd Memorial Physicians Group
1850 State Street
New Albany, Indiana 47150
He is board certified orthopedic and sports medicine physician. Dr. Abeln graduated from the University of Louisville School of Medicine in 2004 and then went on to complete his internship in general surgery in 2005 and residency in orthopedics from the University of Illinois in 2009. After his residency, Dr. Abeln completed a sports medicine fellowship with the Santa Monica Orthopedic Group in California where he was a team physician with the LA Galaxy.
Dr. Jessica Stumbo
215 Central Ave., Suite 200
Louisville, Kentucky 40208
Dr. Tad Seifert
Norton Suburban Medical Plaza II, Suite 310
3991 Dutchmans Lane
Louisville, Kentucky 40207
Tips to Facilitate Care:
- Thoroughly complete a new medical packet prior to starting a new season.
- Thoroughly complete the insurance information.
- If there are changes in your primary insurance carrier, home address, etc., notify the Athletic Trainer immediately.
- Always follow the guidelines of your primary insurance.
- If you were referred to a doctor by our athletic trainers due to injury, be sure to send the bill and EOB to the Athletic Department at Indiana University Southeast upon receiving them.
- Indiana University Southeast does not cover copayments!
Remember that coverage is not guaranteed until all paperwork has been filed and approved by our athletic department and risk management.