NEW ALBANY, Ind. – The IU Southeast volleyball team looks for its third-straight win as it hosts Asbury in a pivotal match as teams jockey for position heading into the KIAC tournament.
The Grenadiers defeated Cincinnati Christian 3-0 last Tuesday. Jade Troutman had 11 kills in the match while Sara Schum added 10.
Asbury (24-11, 5-3 KIAC) defeated Alice Lloyd 3-0 on Friday before splitting a pair of matches on Saturday. The Eagles defeated Manchester College 3-0 before falling to Transylvania 3-0. Senior outside hitter Brittney Rader has 25 kills over her past three matches.
Scouting the Eagles
- Asbury ranks No. 4 in the NAIA in total service aces with 253.
- Asbury ranks No. 25 in the country in total assists with 1,378.
- Kelly Cole ranks No. 13 in the NAIA in total digs with 622.
- Asbury ranks in the top three in the KIAC in hitting percentage (.239), kills per set (12.2), assists per set (11.4) and service aces per set (2.1).
Scouting the Grenadiers
- The Grenadiers secure the No. 3 seed in the conference tournament with a victory over Asbury.
- Meaghen Tompkins leads the KIAC with 8.3 assists per set during conference play.
- Jade Troutman leads the KIAC with 103 kills in conference play.
- Tompkins ranks second in the KIAC with 21 aces in conference play.
Watch The Grenadier Sports Network
If you can't make it to the match, catch it online right here. The Grenadier Sports Network broadcast can also be streamed on your mobile devices.
Sign Up For Text Alerts
Don't forget that you can sign up to receive text and email alerts that provide score updates and news alerts. Click here to sign up.